List Me: Most Memorable Characters


So it's like 107 outside. Time to crank the AC, stay inside and read. Time for another list. Something about characters, I think. Not best-loved, not favorite exactly but characters who stick with you for some reason. And let's make this list good guys. We can do villains later.

My most memorable characters in Young Adult (YA) literature list (good guy protagonists).....

In no special order...

Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders

Miles Halter, Looking For Alaska

Anonymous, Go Ask Alice

Bee, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Series

Harry Potter, Harry Potter Series

Meg Murry, A Wrinkle in Time

Junior, a.k.a. Arnold, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian

Lyra Belacqua, His Dark Materials Series

Matt Cruse, Airborn series

Simon, Mortal Instruments Series (oooh, or Magnus Bane)

Peeta Mellark, The Hunger Games series

Kristina, Crank

Kidd, I WIll Save You

Runners up: Darren from Cirque du Freak, Percy Jackson,Johnny Cade from The Outsiders, T.J. Jones from Whale Talk, Connor from Unwind.




I did not put Katniss Everdeen down. I sympathize with her and admire her but find her strangely sterile. That girl is emotionally broken. I like my characters to ooze pain and passion!





Yours?

Mrs. Cardinal's Party

In the Zone

In the Zone